- Continue to work as a practicing engineer while supporting and teaching engineering students
- New purpose-built engineering building
- Ensure that junior engineers and graduates are well guided in industry practice
- Flexible work arrangements, including considering full-time or part-time work
- Fixed term (3 years), full-time or part-time
- Level B/C – $102,486 to $144,318 per year (full-time) (plus 17% superannuation)
Located in culturally rich Bathurst, we are currently seeking qualified engineers with relevant industry experience to join our engineering team to work as practicing professional engineers and teach in our degree program. engineering degree. You will provide an industry perspective and apply current practices to teaching while having the opportunity to continue working as a professional engineer-in-residence at the University.
Teaching responsibilities will include contributing to the teaching team on project topics, developing teaching materials in your area of expertise, and mentoring students. You will maintain links with industry to ensure that the engineering curriculum is aligned with the reality of industry best practices.
CSU Engineering Consulting is a commercial arm of the department, offering a range of civil and structural design services as well as partnerships with research projects. You can work on projects, individually and as part of a team, for a range of general and specialist consulting clients in your field.
Part-time teaching-only positions are also available for engineers who wish to continue in their current role on a part-time basis and divide their time between their current job and the University. This provides a rewarding opportunity to give back to the engineering community, work with young people and other professionals, and learn new skills.
To be successful, you will:
- Accredited engineering degree in civil, geotechnical, hydraulic or structural engineering, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of the discipline gained through recent industry experience.
- Experience supervising junior or graduate engineers or experience in mentoring programs.
- Chartered/Registered Professional Engineer, or equivalent, or eligibility to become licensed, is desirable.
- A desire to teach or work with young engineers in industry or academia.
CSU Engineering is a new engineering program designed around project-based learning, where workshops replace lectures and projects replace exams. The course structure includes full-time on-campus study with up to four years of paid industry placements. The program was developed in consultation with industry leaders to meet the growing demand for engineers and has been identified as one of the top four emerging engineering courses in the world. Our engineers are leaders in their teaching and research fields and combine significant professional experience with academic expertise.
Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. This is demonstrated by our Agency for Gender Equality in the Workplace Employer of Choice citation and our Athena SWAN Bronze Institutional Award. Charles Sturt is also a participating member of the Australian Workplace Equality Index. Applications are encouraged by Indigenous Australians; disabled people ; women (especially for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQA+; and those from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Candidates must apply online and meet the selection criteria in the job description. If you are having difficulty applying online or for more information on the application process, please visit our How to Apply page or contact us.
This position is open to Australian citizens and permanent residents; or candidates who hold a valid work visa corresponding to this position.
Additional information is available in the job description or by contacting:
Professor Jim Morgan | Director, CSU Engineering | [email protected] | Telephone: (02) 6338 6301
Closing date: 11:00 p.m., October 19, 2022