Deputy Chief of Party for USAID-funded Justice System Strengthening Activity in Uzbekistan
East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) is inviting applications for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for its new USAID-funded Justice System Strengthening Activity (JSSA) in Uzbekistan. The JSSA seeks to strengthen an independent judiciary and improve justice and the rule of law in Uzbekistan by improving the administration of justice, enhancing the professionalism and integrity of the judiciary, and increasing transparency and trust of the public in the justice system. This is a four-year project that started in October 2021.
- At least seven years of experience in managing and/or implementing rule of law or judicial reform projects or in the justice sector, preferably in the former Soviet Union;
- Strong management, administration, reporting and communication skills and ability to implement projects in a variety of contexts involving a variety of stakeholders;
- Ability to coordinate with other donor rule of law programs to maximize results;
- Experience and in-depth understanding of court administration reform and policies aimed at increasing judicial efficiency and effectiveness;
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze state policies and legislation and make recommendations for improvement to relevant stakeholders;
- Strong diplomatic and communication skills; previous experience working with mid to senior level officials is desirable;
- Higher degree in law, management, training or other field relevant to the implementation of the project; extensive practical experience in lieu of a degree may be considered;
- Experience implementing and/or managing grants from USAID or other US governments preferred; and
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of Russian or Uzbek is strongly preferred.
About EWMI: Founded in 1988 as an independent, non-profit organization, EWMI promotes the rule of law, civil society and free market systems around the world. See www.ewmi.org.
How to register
**To Apply:**Please submit (i) resume, (ii) cover letter and (iii) contact details of three references to:[email protected] and include “Deputy Party Leader – Uzbekistan” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible but no later than August 31, 2022.